A phlebotomy technician draws quality blood samples from patients or blood donors and prepare those specimens for medical testing. This Phlebotomy training program is designed to prepare students to become a phlebotomy tech by offering lecture and hands on training. All students will master the art of:
- Medical Terminology
- Collecting, Transporting, Handling and Processing Blood Samples for Analysis
- Identifying the proper equipment to be used
- Recognizing the proper order of blood draw and the importance
- Hands on Clinical
- Adhering to Safety Policies OSHA/HIPPA
- Understanding the importance of the lab
- Knowledge to pass the National Exam to become a CPT
- Hybrid classes includes chapters, assignments, and tests. Students will be scheduled to come to class 4 days out of the week starting on week 4 to acquire hands on training, and the 7th week will be used for testing.
- In-person classes are Monday - Thursday, 140 hours of applied studies
- Perform 50 successful venipuncture sticks to complete course (test-out)
- Perform 10 successful capillary puncture to complete course (test-out)
- Students will master using straight needles as well as butterflies, vacuum collection devices and capillary needles.
Students will receive their certificate of completion on the last day of class!